Engaged Learning, Research & Practice for a Changing WorldThis blog is a project of Goddard College's Individualized MA, SIS and HAS programs, featuring the work, research, studies and arts of students, faculty and alumni as they create worlds of change in their communities and beyond.
Read Our Book: Free Download of Teaching TransformationTeaching Transformation: Progressive Education in Action edited by Lise Weil and Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg with an introduction by Elizabeth K. Minnich, is now available! Featuring over 30 contributors, speaks directly to what faculty member and contributor Sarah Van Hoy calls "undiagnosed visionaries" who find their way to enacting their visions and callings through such an educational experience. Minnich writes of the book, "It is my profound conviction, an increasingly urgent one, that this book -- a volume on teaching by committed, experienced teacher-learners reflecting in depth about their art, their calling, and why it matters -- ought to be read and talked about as widely as possible." Learn more about the book here and how to download it for free or buy a copy.
- Louella Morgan-Richer on Unlocking Trauma, Strengthening Resilience and Redefining Self Through Embodied Practices
- Graduating Student Presentations at the Fall 2017 Residency
- The Medicine of Music, Plants, Nursing, Writing, and Translation: Goddard Students’ Workshops at the Fall 2017 Residency
- Comfort Quest by HAS Student Lisa Evers
- Embodied Knowing: The Body is the Revolution on the Magical Mystery Tour
- The Power of Words In Action with Transformative Language Arts
- The Social Life of Natural Foods with Diasie Sammy-Christopher
- Karen Campbell Reflection and Dialogue: A Process Central to Real Learning
Concentrations in IMA, SIS and HAS available in:
Goddard in Action
- Louella Morgan-Richer on Unlocking Trauma, Strengthening Resilience and Redefining Self Through Embodied Practices October 17, 2017
- Graduating Student Presentations at the Fall 2017 Residency October 4, 2017
- The Medicine of Music, Plants, Nursing, Writing, and Translation: Goddard Students’ Workshops at the Fall 2017 Residency September 24, 2017
- 47,960 hits
- Activism Anthropology Arts-Based Inquiry Child & Human Development Coaching Community Building Consciousness Studies/Transpersonal Psychology Creative Writing Creativity & Imagination Cultural & Cross-Cultural Studies Deep Ecology & Bioregionalism Embodiment Studies & Body Image Environmental, Sustainability & Place Studies Epistemology (how we know what we know) Faculty Feminism, Women's & Gender Studies Global Studies Graduation Health Arts and Sciences History & Political Science Identity Memoir, Life Writing & Autobiography Multiculturalism & Diversity Studies Music Mythology & the Oral Tradition Narrative Medicine Philosophy & Neurophilosophy Poetry Progressive Education Residencies Right Livelihood/ Making a Living Sexuality & Erotic Studies Social Innovation Spirituality & Religion Sustainability Sustainable Businesses and Communities Transformative Language Arts Transforming Trauma Uncategorized Workshops
Tags4 Walls International Alexander Love Alexandra Hartman Amanda Lacson Amanda Sandos Angela Davis Angela Mullins Barbara Vacarr Bernard Carey Bindu Panikkar Bob Kenny Brian Moore Britta Love Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg Celia Hildebrand Claudia Guerra Cynthia Curley Danielle Boutet David White Deb Hensley Diane Silver Diasie Sammy-Christopher Ellie Epp Embodied Writing Emily Carr Eric Dalke Ezra Berkley Nepon Francis Charet Francis X. Charet Griffin Brady Hayley Lewis Hurricane Sandy Jaes Seis Jaki Elmo James Sparrell Jayne Kraman Jeanne Chambers Jennifer Cross Jennifer Gundy Jennifer Patterson Jennye Patterson Jeremy Johnson Jes Wright Jim Sparrell Joanna Tebbs Young Joe Mason Jojo Donovan Josh Pollack Josh Pollock Juliana Borrero Justin Kagan Kao Kue Karen Campbell Karla Haas Moskowitz Katt Lissard Kelly Johnson Kyle Bella Lisa Evers Lise Weil Lori Wynters Lorraine Hammond Louella Morgan-Richer Mary Abrams Mary Rothschild Matthew Dineen Mike Alvarez Minna Dubin Nancy Morgan nature Nicolette Stosur-Bassett Pamela McGrath Patricia Fontaine Queering Sexual Violence Ralph Lutts Rhonda Patzia Robin Rivinis Ruth Farmer Sarah Bobrow-Williams Sarah Van Hoy Scott Candage Scott Youmans Sed Dickerson Seema Reza Shomriel Sherman Steve Wright Susan Moul Susan Pearson Taina Asili The Magazine of Yoga Tiffany Beard Tim Simmons Todd Beaton Tracy Murphy Willa Conway Winter/Summer Institute Women's March Yes Magazine Yvette Hyater-Adams Zach Katz Zelda Johnson
Tag Archives: Justin Kagan
Justin Kagan explores mindfulness and its roots as well as the expansive questions that get us there in these two videos. Watch this short video, part of a new series filmed by Alexander Love, based on interviews with GGI students … Continue reading
How did we find Goddard? Listen to both a faculty member and student share their stories. Watch these short videos, part of a new series filmed by Alexander Love, based on interviews with GGI students and faculty.
Justin Kagan, a consciousness studies student, talks about how practice and consciousness speak to each other. Watch this short video, part of a new series filmed by Alexander Love, based on interviews with GGI students and faculty.
Where and when does consciousness begin? Consciousness Studies student Justin Kagan talks about being in a field very much at the beginning of truly understanding what makes us tick. Watch this short video, part of a new series filmed by … Continue reading
I started thinking about the traditional relationship between beauty and practice and this unintentional detour gave way to the path I’m on now. By the end of this thesis, I intend to produce a theory to contribute to the immense … Continue reading