Engaged Learning, Research & Practice for a Changing WorldThis blog is a project of Goddard College's Individualized MA, SIS and HAS programs, featuring the work, research, studies and arts of students, faculty and alumni as they create worlds of change in their communities and beyond.
Read Our Book: Free Download of Teaching TransformationTeaching Transformation: Progressive Education in Action edited by Lise Weil and Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg with an introduction by Elizabeth K. Minnich, is now available! Featuring over 30 contributors, speaks directly to what faculty member and contributor Sarah Van Hoy calls "undiagnosed visionaries" who find their way to enacting their visions and callings through such an educational experience. Minnich writes of the book, "It is my profound conviction, an increasingly urgent one, that this book -- a volume on teaching by committed, experienced teacher-learners reflecting in depth about their art, their calling, and why it matters -- ought to be read and talked about as widely as possible." Learn more about the book here and how to download it for free or buy a copy.
- Using Your Voice in this Education with Emily Carr
- “It Was As If I Came Home”: Diasie Sammy-Christopher on Finding Support and Homecoming at Goddard
- Learning That Reveals Itself in the Everyday and in Community: Joe Mason on Studying Sustainability
- New Perspectives and Conversations: Hayley Lewis and Joe Mason
- Karen Campbell on Dismantling Problems to Find New Voices
- The Flexibility of the Low-Residency Model with Emily Carr and Jim Sparrell
- Translating Academic Language into More Accessible Terms with Hayley Lewis
- Learning Relevant to My Passion: Joe Mason
Concentrations in IMA, SIS and HAS available in:
Goddard in Action
- 45,353 hits
- Activism Anthropology Arts-Based Inquiry Child & Human Development Coaching Community Building Consciousness Studies/Transpersonal Psychology Creative Writing Creativity & Imagination Cultural & Cross-Cultural Studies Deep Ecology & Bioregionalism Embodiment Studies & Body Image Environmental, Sustainability & Place Studies Epistemology (how we know what we know) Faculty Feminism, Women's & Gender Studies Global Studies Graduation Health Arts and Sciences History & Political Science Identity Memoir, Life Writing & Autobiography Multiculturalism & Diversity Studies Music Mythology & the Oral Tradition Narrative Medicine Philosophy & Neurophilosophy Poetry Progressive Education Residencies Right Livelihood/ Making a Living Sexuality & Erotic Studies Social Innovation Spirituality & Religion Sustainability Sustainable Businesses and Communities Transformative Language Arts Transforming Trauma Uncategorized Workshops
Tags4 Walls International Alexander Love Alexandra Hartman Amanda Lacson Amanda Sandos Angela Davis Angela Mullins Barbara Vacarr Bernard Carey Bindu Panikkar Bob Kenny Brian Moore Britta Love Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg Celia Hildebrand Claudia Guerra Cynthia Curley Danielle Boutet David White Deb Hensley Diane Silver Diasie Sammy-Christopher Ellie Epp Embodied Writing Emily Carr Eric Dalke Ezra Berkley Nepon Francis Charet Francis X. Charet Griffin Brady Hayley Lewis Hurricane Sandy Individualized MA Jaes Seis Jaki Elmo James Sparrell Jayne Kraman Jeanne Chambers Jennifer Cross Jennifer Gundy Jennifer Patterson Jennye Patterson Jeremy Johnson Jes Wright Jim Sparrell Joanna Tebbs Young Joe Mason Jojo Donovan Josh Pollack Josh Pollock Juliana Borrero Justin Kagan Kao Kue Karen Campbell Karla Haas Moskowitz Katt Lissard Kelly Johnson Kyle Bella Lise Weil Lori Wynters Lorraine Hammond Mary Abrams Mary Rothschild Matthew Dineen Mike Alvarez Minna Dubin Nancy Morgan nature Nicolette Stosur-Bassett Pamela McGrath Patricia Fontaine Queering Sexual Violence Ralph Lutts Rhonda Patzia Robin Rivinis Ruth Farmer Sarah Bobrow-Williams Sarah Van Hoy Scott Candage Scott Youmans Sed Dickerson Seema Reza Shomriel Sherman Sonja Swift Steve Wright Student Susan Moul Susan Pearson Taina Asili The Magazine of Yoga Tiffany Beard Todd Beaton Tracy Murphy Willa Conway Winter/Summer Institute Women's March Yes Magazine Yvette Hyater-Adams Zach Katz Zelda Johnson
Category Archives: Residencies
Listen to Diasie Sammy-Christopher talk about “….getting to Vermont without knowing anyone, and I felt like I was home.” These videos are part of a series done by videographer Alexander Love. Learn more about his work here. Diasie Sammy-Christopher – … Continue reading
At the February 2017 residency, different groups of students wrote collective poems, often writing a line, folding the paper so that the line previous to their own was hidden, then passing the poem to the next person to add a … Continue reading
The welcome session held August 4 for the Fall 2016 residency featured, among other things, a time for students and faculty to divide into groups, and compose poems together. Using the prompt of “Threshold,” we followed an old poetry ice-breaker … Continue reading
Britta Love, current student in Consciousness Studies, talks about the magic that happens at residencies in these two videos. Watch this short video, part of a new series filmed by Alexander Love, based on interviews with GGI students and faculty.
“You Are Still Living in the World of Experience”: Bob Kenny, Goddard President On The Low-Residency Model, and student Zelda Johnson
Bob Kenny, president of Goddard College, and current Health Arts and Sciences student Zelda Johnson talk about how Goddard allows people to experience their full life — their home communities, families and/or work — so that people can “continue to … Continue reading