Engaged Learning, Research & Practice for a Changing WorldThis blog is a project of Goddard College's Individualized MA, SIS and HAS programs, featuring the work, research, studies and arts of students, faculty and alumni as they create worlds of change in their communities and beyond.
Read Our Book: Free Download of Teaching TransformationTeaching Transformation: Progressive Education in Action edited by Lise Weil and Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg with an introduction by Elizabeth K. Minnich, is now available! Featuring over 30 contributors, speaks directly to what faculty member and contributor Sarah Van Hoy calls "undiagnosed visionaries" who find their way to enacting their visions and callings through such an educational experience. Minnich writes of the book, "It is my profound conviction, an increasingly urgent one, that this book -- a volume on teaching by committed, experienced teacher-learners reflecting in depth about their art, their calling, and why it matters -- ought to be read and talked about as widely as possible." Learn more about the book here and how to download it for free or buy a copy.
- The Medicine of Music, Plants, Nursing, Writing, and Translation: Goddard Students’ Workshops at the Fall 2017 Residency
- Comfort Quest by HAS Student Lisa Evers
- Embodied Knowing: The Body is the Revolution on the Magical Mystery Tour
- The Power of Words In Action with Transformative Language Arts
- The Social Life of Natural Foods with Diasie Sammy-Christopher
- Karen Campbell Reflection and Dialogue: A Process Central to Real Learning
- Encouraging Students Visionary Potential with Sarah Van Hoy
- Pursuing An Educational Journey of Discovery with a Family and Job: Tim Simmons
Concentrations in IMA, SIS and HAS available in:
Goddard in Action
- 47,329 hits
- Activism Anthropology Arts-Based Inquiry Child & Human Development Coaching Community Building Consciousness Studies/Transpersonal Psychology Creative Writing Creativity & Imagination Cultural & Cross-Cultural Studies Deep Ecology & Bioregionalism Embodiment Studies & Body Image Environmental, Sustainability & Place Studies Epistemology (how we know what we know) Faculty Feminism, Women's & Gender Studies Global Studies Graduation Health Arts and Sciences History & Political Science Identity Memoir, Life Writing & Autobiography Multiculturalism & Diversity Studies Music Mythology & the Oral Tradition Narrative Medicine Philosophy & Neurophilosophy Poetry Progressive Education Residencies Right Livelihood/ Making a Living Sexuality & Erotic Studies Social Innovation Spirituality & Religion Sustainability Sustainable Businesses and Communities Transformative Language Arts Transforming Trauma Uncategorized Workshops
Tags4 Walls International Alexander Love Alexandra Hartman Amanda Lacson Amanda Sandos Angela Davis Angela Mullins Barbara Vacarr Bernard Carey Bindu Panikkar Bob Kenny Brian Moore Britta Love Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg Celia Hildebrand Claudia Guerra Cynthia Curley Danielle Boutet David White Deb Hensley Diane Silver Diasie Sammy-Christopher Ellie Epp Embodied Writing Emily Carr Eric Dalke Ezra Berkley Nepon Francis Charet Francis X. Charet Griffin Brady Hayley Lewis Hurricane Sandy Jaes Seis Jaki Elmo James Sparrell Jayne Kraman Jeanne Chambers Jennifer Cross Jennifer Gundy Jennifer Patterson Jennye Patterson Jeremy Johnson Jes Wright Jim Sparrell Joanna Tebbs Young Joe Mason Jojo Donovan Josh Pollack Josh Pollock Juliana Borrero Justin Kagan Kao Kue Karen Campbell Karla Haas Moskowitz Katt Lissard Kelly Johnson Kyle Bella Lisa Evers Lise Weil Lori Wynters Lorraine Hammond Mary Abrams Mary Rothschild Matthew Dineen Mike Alvarez Minna Dubin Nancy Morgan nature Nicolette Stosur-Bassett Pamela McGrath Patricia Fontaine Queering Sexual Violence Ralph Lutts Rhonda Patzia Robin Rivinis Ruth Farmer Sarah Bobrow-Williams Sarah Van Hoy Scott Candage Scott Youmans Sed Dickerson Seema Reza Shomriel Sherman Sonja Swift Steve Wright Susan Moul Susan Pearson Taina Asili The Magazine of Yoga Tiffany Beard Tim Simmons Todd Beaton Tracy Murphy Willa Conway Winter/Summer Institute Women's March Yes Magazine Yvette Hyater-Adams Zach Katz Zelda Johnson
Author Archives: Individual Poet
The Medicine of Music, Plants, Nursing, Writing, and Translation: Goddard Students’ Workshops at the Fall 2017 Residency
Call and Response – Finding the Music Inside Us, with IMA returning student, Tim Simmons. From our very beginnings, music has been part of what define us as humans. We sing and dance to express our joy and our sadness. … Continue reading
A current Health Arts and Sciences Student, Lisa Evers, RN, just had an article on her MA study and some of her life’s biggest legacy work published in the American Holistic Nurses Association journal. Evers’ article, “Comfort Quest: Nursing Pain … Continue reading
Goddard faculty members Lise Weil, Sarah Van Hoy, and Lori Wynters, who helped design and launch the new concentration in Embodiment Studies, recently talk about embodied ways of knowing of WDGR’s Magical Mystery Tour. Listen to the “Embodied Knowledge: The … Continue reading
The Power of Words is in the air — it’s the focus of the 14th annual Power of Words conference to be held Aug. 18-20 at Ferry Beach in Saco, Maine, as well as the focus of a podcast with … Continue reading
Karen Campbell, a faculty member in GGI, explains the role of continual reflection and dialogue. These videos are part of a series done by videographer Alexander Love. Learn more about his work here.
One of the most important focuses for faculty, explains faculty Sarah Van Hoy, is encouraging students’ visionary potential. These videos are part of a series done by videographer Alexander Love. Learn more about his work here.