The Transformative Language Arts Network — a non-profit organization — is now offering online classes
focused on social and personal transformation through our words aloud and on the page. The classes focus on making a living through TLA, narrative medicine, the creative spirit and social change, and they’re largely taught by TLA alumni and faculty. Sharon Bray was a former TLA student; Scott Youmans and Jen Cross graduated from the IMA in TLA; Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg is a faculty member; and Marianela Medrano-Marra is a visiting artist-in-residence at the IMA’s spring 2012 residency.
The classes provide people interested in TLA a way to learn more about this emerging field as well as seasoned TLAers more support for making a living through launching their own TLA business or incorporating TLA into their work or practice. Furthermore, the classes further strengthen the right livelihood of those teaching them as well as the TLA Network.
- “Writing as a Way of Healing: Ourselves and Others” with Sharon Bray, January 9 – March 4 Read More
- “Claiming Your Erotic” with Jen Cross, February 6 – March 18 | Read More
- “Making the Leap into the Work You Love” with Scott Youmans, March 26 – May 6 | Read More
- “Who Just Wrote That? And Why?: Integrally Informed Writing to Know the Self“ with Reggie Marra, May 7 – June 17 | Read More
- “Crafting the Erotic for Publication” with Jen Cross, June 18 – July 22 | Read More
- “Trying on the Shadows: Writing from the Hidden Parts of Ourselves”with Scott Youmans, July 23 – September 2 | Read More
- “Writing from the Root and Through the Body” with Marianela Medrano-Marra, September 3 – October 14 | Read More
- “Your Calling, Your Livelihood, Your Life” with Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg, November 5 – December 16 | Read More