>Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg, IMA faculty and coordinator of Transformative Language Arts, recently gave four readings and a transformative writing workshop in Tucson as part of her book tour for The Sky Begins at Your Feet: A Memoir on Cancer, Community and Coming Home to the Body and her fourth book of poetry, Landed. She read at Silverbell Trading Company, an art gallery owned by permaculturists Barbara and Keith Rose; two events organized by Temple Emanu-El on embodied, transformative writing through age and change; and with local writer Jefferson Carter in the Historic Y courtyard in a bioregional reading organized by the Sky Island Alliance, an organization that protects the varied ecosystems of sky islands, mountains rising from the desert where many species of plants and animals reside. She was also featured in several blogs — one on the transformative power of storytelling, Telling Stories, and another on the power of writing, Jump Write In by MA-TLA alumni Debra Thornley. She also held information sessions on Goddard wherever she traveled. Finally, she made a new friend (photo on left) at the Sonoran Desert Museum.
Engaged Learning, Research & Practice for a Changing WorldThis blog is a project of Goddard College's Individualized MA, SIS and HAS programs, featuring the work, research, studies and arts of students, faculty and alumni as they create worlds of change in their communities and beyond.
Read Our Book: Free Download of Teaching TransformationTeaching Transformation: Progressive Education in Action edited by Lise Weil and Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg with an introduction by Elizabeth K. Minnich, is now available! Featuring over 30 contributors, speaks directly to what faculty member and contributor Sarah Van Hoy calls "undiagnosed visionaries" who find their way to enacting their visions and callings through such an educational experience. Minnich writes of the book, "It is my profound conviction, an increasingly urgent one, that this book -- a volume on teaching by committed, experienced teacher-learners reflecting in depth about their art, their calling, and why it matters -- ought to be read and talked about as widely as possible." Learn more about the book here and how to download it for free or buy a copy.
- Karen Campbell on Dismantling Problems to Find New Voices
- The Flexibility of the Low-Residency Model with Emily Carr and Jim Sparrell
- Translating Academic Language into More Accessible Terms with Hayley Lewis
- Learning Relevant to My Passion: Joe Mason
- Goddard Gives You a Voice: Diasie Sammy-Christopher
- Emily Carr on Education that Fun’s, Engaging and Passionate
- Learning Digital Storytelling at Goddard: Shakti Roumagoux on the Geshamas
- The Magical Mystery Tour Features Teaching Transformation
Concentrations in IMA, SIS and HAS available in:
Goddard in Action
- 44,763 hits
- Activism Anthropology Arts-Based Inquiry Child & Human Development Coaching Community Building Consciousness Studies/Transpersonal Psychology Creative Writing Creativity & Imagination Cultural & Cross-Cultural Studies Deep Ecology & Bioregionalism Embodiment Studies & Body Image Environmental, Sustainability & Place Studies Epistemology (how we know what we know) Faculty Feminism, Women's & Gender Studies Global Studies Graduation Health Arts and Sciences History & Political Science Identity Memoir, Life Writing & Autobiography Multiculturalism & Diversity Studies Music Mythology & the Oral Tradition Narrative Medicine Philosophy & Neurophilosophy Poetry Progressive Education Residencies Right Livelihood/ Making a Living Sexuality & Erotic Studies Social Innovation Spirituality & Religion Sustainability Sustainable Businesses and Communities Transformative Language Arts Transforming Trauma Uncategorized Workshops
Tags4 Walls International Alexandra Hartman Amanda Lacson Amanda Sandos Angela Davis Angela Mullins Barbara Vacarr Bernard Carey Bindu Panikkar Bob Kenny Brian Moore Britta Love Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg Celia Hildebrand Claudia Guerra Complementary Medicine Cynthia Curley Danielle Boutet David White Deb Hensley Diane Silver Diasie Sammy-Christopher Ellie Epp Embodied Writing Eric Dalke Ezra Berkley Nepon Francis Charet Francis X. Charet Griffin Brady Hurricane Sandy Individualized MA Jaes Seis Jaki Elmo James Sparrell Jayne Kraman Jeanne Chambers Jennifer Cross Jennifer Gundy Jennifer Patterson Jennye Patterson Jeremy Johnson Jes Wright Jim Sparrell Joanna Tebbs Young Jojo Donovan Josh Pollack Josh Pollock Juliana Borrero Justin Kagan Kao Kue Karen Campbell Karla Haas Moskowitz Katt Lissard Kelly Johnson Kris Hege Kyle Bella Lise Weil Lori Wynters Lorraine Hammond Mary Abrams Mary Rothschild Matthew Dineen Mike Alvarez Minna Dubin Nancy Morgan nature Nicolette Stosur-Bassett Pamela McGrath Patricia Fontaine Queering Sexual Violence Ralph Lutts Renga Rhonda Patzia Robin Rivinis Robin Stone Ruth Farmer Sarah Bobrow-Williams Sarah Van Hoy Scott Candage Scott Youmans Sed Dickerson Seema Reza Shomriel Sherman Sonja Swift Steve Wright Student Susan Moul Susan Pearson Taina Asili The Magazine of Yoga Tiffany Beard Todd Beaton Tracy Murphy Willa Conway Winter/Summer Institute Women's March Yes Magazine Yvette Hyater-Adams Zach Katz Zelda Johnson