- The Place That Knows You: A Poem for Ralph Lutts
- Social Innovators: Collaborative Support, Feedback, and Dissent as Essential for Social Innovation by Leah Bry
- Social Innovation Launches at Goddard Along with Social Innovators Columns
- Queering Sexual Violence: IMA Student Jennifer Patterson Interviewed by Faculty Lise Weil
- The Radical Edge of the Low-Residencey Model: Faculty Present at NEA Higher Education Conference
- Mike Alvarez Wins Fellowship for New Americans
- Goddard Chef Paul Somerset, and Robin Stone’s Health Coaching
- Writing, Healing, and Community Building with Veterans: An Interview with Seema Reza by Joy Jacobson
Engaged Learning, Research & Practice for a Changing WorldThis blog is a project of Goddard College's Individualized MA, SBC and HAS programs, featuring the work, research, studies and arts of students, faculty and alumni as they create worlds of change in their communities and beyond. This site is an independent blog, created and maintained by Caryn Mirriam-Goldberg and other Goddard faculty. Goddard College is not responsible for any of this blog's content or comments.
Discover How to Make Your Own World of Change in:
- Activism Anthropology Child & Human Development Coaching Community Building Consciousness Studies/Transpersonal Psychology Creative Writing Creativity & Imagination Cultural & Cross-Cultural Studies Deep Ecology & Bioregionalism Embodiment Studies & Body Image Environmental, Sustainability & Place Studies Epistemology (how we know what we know) Ethnomusicology Faculty Feminism, Women's & Gender Studies Global Studies Graduation History & Political Science Identity Memoir, Life Writing & Autobiography Multiculturalism & Diversity Studies Music Mythology & the Oral Tradition Mythopoetics Philosophy & Neurophilosophy Poetry Progressive Education Residencies Right Livelihood/ Making a Living Sexuality & Erotic Studies Shamanic Studies Spirituality & Religion Spiritual Memoir Theater, Drama & Playwriting Transformative Language Arts Transforming Trauma Uncategorized Workshops Yoga
- 20,913 hits
Category Archives: Uncategorized
The 10th annual Power of Words conference — celebrating social and personal transformation through our spoken, written and sung words — brought together a large group of Goddard graduates as well as other writers, storytellers, musicians, artists, activists, educators and … Continue reading
Ellie Epp has retired from Goddard College after 12 years of service. We will miss her! Here is a tribute to Ellie by faculty member, James Sparrell — With Ellie as a member of the faculty I always had the … Continue reading
Health Arts & Sciences Grad Presentations: A Peace of Maine–Multi-generational Community Retreat Center, with HAS graduating student Jill Smith. The goal of this presentation is to share how I am developing a multi-generational community retreat center. The center will integrate … Continue reading
When I think of place, several thoughts and concepts come to mind. One is, place is a designated amount of space, earth, or a dwelling (noun). Another thought that comes to mind is to put some thing down or away … Continue reading
“This is a Desire Text” by Kyle Bella (Individualized MA) has just been published in the December 2012 issue of Bluestem Magazine. Check it out!
Grace Stanley (HAS-MA) outside Princeton Public Library. It is around 9:20 pm, 30 degrees And my fingers are cold. I am still uploading my ppt to google drive and prepare the full draft of my thesis that I have to … Continue reading
Thousands of people are still feeling the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. The work toward recovery is just beginning. My thoughts and prayers go out to all those experiencing loss and displacement. Ruth Farmer
Check out the video of Ezra Berkley Nepon, MA student in Transformative Language Arts, featured in a previous post. She read with Dan Fishback Sept. 11 at the Arts Cafe in Philadelphia. Cosponsored by Creative Ventures and the Wexler Fund … Continue reading
IMA faculty member Ellie Epp has a new monograph about her work, including reviews, photographs, writing, film information, interviews, media, links and further resources. Please visit the monograph here.